In honor of our good friend, Slim Evans, who passed away on July 14, 2009 – Fisher’s Landing Resort has named this event “The Slim Evans Memorial Catfish Derby”.
Slim was an avid catfisherman and sportsman, as well as a long time Fisher’s Landing resident. Slim never missed one of these derbys. We feel fortunate to have had Slim in our lives and community.
Slim Evans Memorial Catfish Derby
- We hold four overnight catfish tournaments each year, June 23-24, July 28-29, August 25-26, Sept 29-30 2018
- Entry fee is $20 per person (entrants will receive any breakfast item on the menu for $5)
- $100 prize guaranteed for 1st Place, and a new Rod & Reel provided by Fisher’s Landing. Pay down four places based on number of entries.
- Sign ups – Fisher’s Landing Gas Dock (late sign-ups available in the bar until 8pm on saturday night). All tournaments start on Saturday at 2pm and end on Sunday at 7:00am – One fish – 100% payback
- Weigh in is at 5:30am Sunday. Scales close at 7:00am sharp.
- Prizes awarded after 7am at the Fisher’s Landing Resort Bar & Grill patio.
- Must fish between Imperial Dam and Walters Camp
- All fish must be caught on rod & reel
- No trot lines or phone calls
- Two pole stamp okay
- Any violations of state rules or rules listed above will result in a disqualification
Jackpot Fishing Tournament
Begins the first Tuesday in November, through the winter season. $5.00 per person entry fee – Winner takes all!
Pay your $5 pp fee at the Rio Loco the night before. Launch at Fisher’s Landing Resort at 7am, weigh-in at Fisher’s Landing Bait Shop / Gas Dock promptly at 1pm.
Biggest fish/any kind wins it all! AZ Game & Fish rules apply. Call Fisher’s Landing Resort for more details. (928) 782-7049