Slim was an avid catfisherman and sportsman, as well as a long time Fisher’s Landing resident. Slim never missed one of these derbys. We feel fortunate to have had Slim in our lives and community.
July 2019 Catfish Derby Winners (PDF format)
Slim Evans Memorial Catfish Derby
- We hold four overnight catfish tournaments each year, June 29th, July 27th, August 24th, Sept 28th 2019
- Entry fee is $20 per person (entrants will receive any breakfast item on the menu for $5) Pay an extra $5 for heaviest 4 fish string, excluding big fish @ weigh-in
- First place winner guaranteed $100 and a Sportsman’s Warehouse Gift Certificate. Pay down is four places, based on number of entries.
- Sign ups – Fisher’s Landing Gas Dock (late sign-ups available in the bar until 8pm on Saturday night). All tournaments start on Saturday at 2pm and end on Sunday at 7:00am – One fish – 100% payback
- Weigh in is at 5:30am Sunday. Scales close at 7:00am sharp.
- Prizes awarded after 7am at the Fisher’s Landing Resort Bar & Grill patio.
- Must fish between Imperial Dam and Walters Camp
- All fish must be caught on rod & reel
- No trot lines
- Two pole stamp okay
- Any violations of state rules or rules listed above will result in a disqualification
2019 Slim Evans Catfish Derby (in PDF format)
Jackpot Fishing Tournament
Begins the first Wednesday in November, through the winter season. $5.00 per person entry fee – Winner takes all!
Pay your $5 pp fee at the Rio Loco the night before. Launch at Fisher’s Landing Resort at 7am, weigh-in at Fisher’s Landing Bait Shop / Gas Dock promptly at 1pm.
Biggest fish/any kind wins it all! AZ Game & Fish rules apply. Call Fisher’s Landing Resort for more details. (928) 782-7049
Jackpot Fishing Tournament Flyer (PDF Format)