In honor of our good friend, Slim Evans, who passed away on July 14, 2009 – Fisher’s Landing Resort has named this event “The Slim Evans Memorial Catfish Derby”.
Slim was an avid catfisherman and sportsman, as well as a long time Fisher’s Landing resident. Slim never missed one of these derbys. We feel fortunate to have had Slim in our lives and community.
June 2018 Catfish Derby Winners (PDF format)
July 2018 Catfish Derby Winners (PDF format)
August 2018 Catfish Derby Winners (PDF format)
Slim Evans Memorial Catfish Derby
- We hold four overnight catfish tournaments each year, June 30, July 28, August 25, Sept 29 2018
- Entry fee is $20 per person (entrants will receive any breakfast item on the menu for $5)
- First place winner will recieve a $100, and a Sportsman’s Warehouse Gift Certificate. Pay down is four places, based on number of entries.
- Sign ups – Fisher’s Landing Gas Dock (late sign-ups available in the bar until 8pm on Saturday night). All tournaments start on Saturday at 2pm and end on Sunday at 7:00am – One fish – 100% payback
- Weigh in is at 5:30am Sunday. Scales close at 7:00am sharp.
- Prizes awarded after 7am at the Fisher’s Landing Resort Bar & Grill patio.
- Must fish between Imperial Dam and Walters Camp
- All fish must be caught on rod & reel
- No trot lines or phone calls
- Two pole stamp okay
- Any violations of state rules or rules listed above will result in a disqualification
Slim Evans Big Catfish Derby Flyer (in PDF format)
Jackpot Fishing Tournament
Begins the first Tuesday in November, through the winter season. $5.00 per person entry fee – Winner takes all!
Pay your $5 pp fee at the Rio Loco the night before. Launch at Fisher’s Landing Resort at 7am, weigh-in at Fisher’s Landing Bait Shop / Gas Dock promptly at 1pm.
Biggest fish/any kind wins it all! AZ Game & Fish rules apply. Call Fisher’s Landing Resort for more details. (928) 782-7049